Spring Budgeting: Art
Members Present: Austen, Monique, Vince, Peace, Sulan
Time Start: 6:10pm
Time End: 8pm
Oberlin Film Series
Sulan: They submitted a mid year report in the document and not in the Google form.
Vince: Weren’t they brand new last year?
Peace: They got 2,200 in fy16 and 800 last year.
Vince: We had a note that they didn’t do much programming.
Austen: They spent no money.
Vince: What did they do? They said they had four screenings.
Sulan: It was just for their members.
Vince: Was it free?
Peace: Yeah since it was just to their members.
Vince: I say we just give them the same.
Monique: They didn’t do anything.
Sulan: It says in the spring they plan to have more official programming.
Vince: Yeah they talk about how it's better for warm weather. I’d say three films seems reasonable.
Monique: Why do you want to increase it?
Vince: I think it’s a real thing that we only gave them enough to do two films. I don’t think we gave them enough to function properly.
Peace: They’re asking for screening rights for spring 2017 and spring 2018.
Peace: I propose 3 movie screenings, 3 sets of posters, and 35 for the Oscar screening and equipment in full for 1273.
Vince: They’re asking for an extra hundred dollars.
Austen: They’ve only spent 100 this year.
Monique: They’re asking for repair for five cameras.
Peace: They’re asking for that again? They asked for that last year. Dang no inventory either.
Vince: Let’s not give it to them again.
Monique: Is it in their mission to bring speakers?
Vince: Yeah it says guest speakers.
Peace: Did they do a mid year report?
Monique: How much did they get last year?
Vince: Twenty-nine hundred.
Monique: Proposal to fund Event and film rentals at full at 80.
Monique: Proposal to fund honorarium for speakers 1250.
Monique: Proposal to fund fee for workshops at 500.
Vince: Competing proposal for funding it at 775.
OST Breaks tie
Does not pass
Monique: Proposal to fund fee for workshops at 500.
Monique: Camera repairs in full at 1k.
Does not pass.
Members Present: Monique, Vince, Sulan, Peace, Elijah, Austen
Time Start: 7:10pm
Time End: 9:00pm
Monique: They’re the ones that came to ad hoc and asked for stuff and we told them to put it in their budget. I’m down to fund in full.
Vince and Peace: Yeah.
Peace: They got 2.5k in fy16 and they spent 2k. Last year they got nothing; I don’t think they submitted a budget.
Vince: Can someone check the math, I didn’t get the same number they did.
Peace: All their stuff seems pretty essential.
Vince: Is any of it stuff they’ve gotten before?
Peace: Nope. Oh, well one thing.
Vince: Proposal to fund supplies in full at 4580.45, adjusting the print file archival storage, cassette for bulk film.
Monique: You guys want to fund publicity in full?
Vince: I met with them.
Peace: Last year they got about 2.7k.
Monique: Did we fund the student assistant last year?
Vince: Yeah we gave them 907.
Peace: Oh wait last year they got 5,5k.
Vince: Before income. After income it’s 2.7k.
Peace: I got 3697.25 for supplies.
Vince: Proposal to fund supplies in full
Vince: We gave them none last year for tools other than wax.
Monique: Can someone read the tools they’re asking for while I read the inventory.
Peace: I’m cool with everything but small and large tools.
Peace: Proposal to fund at 163.75, without the small and large tools.
Monique: General supplies.
Vince: Proposal to fund general supplies in full.
Vince: Proposal to fund the Fundamentals in full at 912.
Peace: They asked for the stuff under equipment last year and they didn’t get any of it.
Vince: We put that we didn’t give them anything because they didn’t have an inventory.
Monique: I don’t want to fund this because they have it in their inventory and they didn’t really give an explanation why they want it.
Peace: They said it breaks easily.
Peace: I’d be okay with funding it in full.
Vince: Proposal to fund equipment in full at 833.50
Peace: The stipended position is $910. Last year they asked for 2000 and we funded at the same level as the previous year. Proposal to fund student assistant position at 927.06 with the adjusted hourly wage at 8.15 an hour.
Peace: Now, income.
Austen: Proposal to subtract 1,800 of income.
Vince: I met with them too I think.
Peace: This year they got 1377.29. They spent a little over 400.
Monique: They say they’ve been largely inactive because their two printers are broken. One of the was fixed but the other needs more work.
Peace: They’ve only had small community hangouts and sessions this year. They said they want to bring speaker Alex Cohen.
Monique: I’m down to due the printer repairs at 400 and some ink.
Austen: I would fund print and publishing in full.
Vince: How much is it?
Peace: I don’t want to totally rule out the speaker.
Vince: Proposal to fund print and publishing in full at 1387.64
Peace: Did they ask for a speaker last year?
Vince: Yeah they asked for one; we gave them 0.
Austen: I think we should leave the hotel at 2 nights so they can max out on what they want to do.
Vince: Usually if they don’t explain why they want multiple nights, I’m not up for funding it.
Peace: Proposal to fund speakers at 1019.
Monique: I propose to fund conventions and travel in full at $85.
Peace: We funded them at 3.3k last year.
Peace: Proposal to fund at 3371.93 without income subtracted.
Vince: Proposal to deduct 100 for income.
Oberlin Student Art Group
Sulan: They didn’t do a mid-year.
Monique: I’m assuming they’re doing everything this semester. Elka’s their treasurer and she just got back from being abroad.
Peace: They’re asking for a lot less this year compared to what they got last year.
Monique: If we adjust printing costs I’m down to fund it in full.
Peace: Proposal to fund posters for general interest meetings for 10$.
Monique: Proposal to fund it at 25.
Proposal to fund general interest posters at 25 passes.
Vince: Proposal to fund the weekly figure drawn sessions in full at 330.
Peace: I don’t want to fund that completely. I would cut the number of times they’re doing it. I wouldn’t do it for 28 weeks; maybe biweekly.
Sulan: This is also something that’s free and open to everyone; like I would go.
Peace: Proposal to fund at 190.
Proposal to fund at 330 passes.
Vince: Proposal to fund monthly art critiques in full.
Comments are closed.
SFC Meeting Minutes
SFC Minutes serve as the instant written record of a policy meeting or an Ad-hoc discussion. We encourage you to contact the committee if you have questions about the conversation surrounding your allocation.